Your comments are welcome

Monday, January 02, 2006

Hi - and welcome

2006 has pressed the doorbell and we've let it in. Here's hoping it's a good guest and doesn't throw food around or drink too much and throw up on the cat. As part of my "things to do this year" I'm ticking off the 2nd item on the list = "create a blog, see what it's about".

So, here's my first entry to get the ball rolling. I guess this will be an opportunity to record insights and thoughts, and if anyone happens to read them and give feedback, that'll be a bonus. My thought at the moment is I can't believe the holidays are over and I'm back at work (I work for an accounting firm). People around me are asking the normal inane questions of how their break was. Don't feel like talking at the moment, and am stroking the bristles on my chin which I refused to shave off this morning so I can still "feel" like I'm on holiday.

Well, until tomorrow (unless I get restless and post another this afternoon)

5 Comments:

  • What am I to be ashamed about? God made me gay. I'm an honest, intelligent and caring person who loves his family and his partner. You are looking for a scapegoat for the unhappiness and bitterness in your life. Clean up your act.

    By Blogger Tom, at 9:14 PM  

  • If you choose to lose your ignorance and talk to people who are gay, you'll discover they are attracted to the same sex from day 1. So, what would you do? Bury who you are and lead an unhappy life, just because others don't "approve"? That's called being a coward. And talking of being a coward, I'm not able to drill down into your "blogthug" name to see who you are.

    By Blogger Tom, at 10:02 PM  

  • Leading an honest, fulfilling life and contributing to making the world a better place would be one of the main reasons to exist. Raising children would be another, which my partner and I aim to do one day. Meanwhile, I'm happy to be a proud uncle and godfather.
    Why do I need to know who you are.. well, after all this judgement of me, I'd like to judge you. Personally, I think you're stuck up and small minded.

    By Blogger Tom, at 10:37 PM  

  • I am actually impressed that you posted your photo with your partner. My best friend of many years finally admitted who he was a few years ago, but before that (and still), he has struggled immensley with alcohol, suicide, etc...(thankfully,not successful with the suicide)...That blogger doesn't have a clue who is judging you. More power to you and your partner!

    By Blogger No, at 3:20 AM  

  • Thanks for your comment Beth. I'm going to add one more reason as to why we exist - one of the best things in life is to experience falling in love with someone you're attracted to, and to share your life with them. And here's a newsflash to you blogthug: this is not a privilege for straight people only.

    By Blogger Tom, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home